Friday, April 1, 2011

Head of the River Ranch


Today's picture shows the Head of the River Ranch near Christoval, Texas in about 1900. The Head of the River Ranch was the hub of ranching activities in the area. I found many fascinating stories about the place, and it is steeped in rich history. The Head of the River Ranch is where the South Concho River comes bubbling out of the ground. It is still in operation today, and I hear it remains a magnificent place. Unfortunately, I have never received an invite to go see it. Hmmm . . . maybe someday.

As I read true life stories about places like the Head of the River Ranch, I am amazed that Hollywood Movies have become so poor and predictable. It is like they keep making the same movie over and over. I wish they would do more on the fascinating stories of real people and places in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collection