Thursday, March 26, 2009

Amuse-Bouche at 24th St. BART

I've noticed this guy before, but today I finally stopped on my way in to BART at 24th and Mission and availed myself of the Amuse-Bouche stand. He sells a small pastry of some kind and a small cup of hot beverage for a buck. What a deal!


Today he had little mini apple-cinnamon muffins and small Dixie cups of chai. Both were delicious, and the chai accented the flavor of the apple in the muffin perfectly.

The guy, whose name I think is "Laurent" but it's hard to tell because he had a pretty strong French accent and I don't speak French, is really nice and not a professional chef, just a guy who'll sell you a breakfast treat for $1. I gave him $2 because that's how I roll.

Rock on, Amuse-Bouche guy. I shall be a repeat customer.

** UPDATE (3/27) - I have reason to believe that his name is "Murat," not "Laurent." Sorry, Murat, if that's the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collection